I'm sure there are other posts like this on here further back but I don't see any recent ones mentioning it... sooooooo
I'd like to have ships that carry surplus ammunition and coal and could somehow transfer them to my other ships. I doubt there's much of mechanic in the game that could be used for this though, other than the boarding troops.
I like building smaller ships and fire-proof ships, and with the giant coal and ammo storage rooms they can quickly turn my little cutter and cruiser class ships into bulky tinderboxes. If I use just the smaller storage rooms for my ships then I end up having to pull them back 1/3 of the way through longer battles leaving my main fighting ships to take on all the hits.
If we could add little support units to carry supplies to other ships that are low then I would be able to keep all my ships in for the duration of the battle.
And I had a post about a year ago I think about having little firefighting ships to keep smaller ships that cant lug around the giant fire prevention systems around, and with the newest update I just wanted to bring that back up
I love spam ships :D
I use the transfer crew button maybe 1 in 100 games.
I'd like to be able to transfer coal or ammo between ships maybe 5 in 100 games.
I suggest the transfer crew button could also handle the transfer ammo and coal, making it almost useful. The rule could be:
1) Upon pressing button
2) source ship transfers crew to destination ship per normal
3) if source ship engines/lift knocked out, also transfers coal
4) if source ship can move and has a higher % of original coal than destination, transfers coal until % is equal in both
5) if source ship guns knocked out, also transfers ammo
6) if source ship can fire and has a higher % of original ammo than destination, transfers ammo until % is equal in both