Hello there! I'm here to -as everybody- share toughts. Let's talk about the tutorial.
my ideas :
-A testing map, "the shipyard":
somewhere players can test their ships on different targets.
about that shipyard, I know there are different sizes of it depending on the cities, why not make different maps?
The Huge shipyard will obviously have the most structures and stuff to test your ship.
The shipyard map or maps can also be a great place for a tutorial!
-The tutorial :
It will take place on the shipyard map(s), and will ask the player to :
1) put a cockpit and explains what it does
2) put some crew quarters and tell how having nobody on a ship is useful
3) put a suspendium chamber and tell the player to click on "to shipyard" ( to test the ship )
4) "Oh no! looks like the suspendium chamber needs coal! Let's put a (idk its name) balloon instead!"
5) once the player added the "balloon", it will ask to add a sail and go to shipyard.
6) Once to shipyard with a flying ship, the tutorial will explain the basic flight controls.
7) Look! An enemy airship is coming! let's add weapons and armor to go kill it!
8) tells the player about ammo storages, that these can blow up, and let the player either add a rifleman or a cannon.
9) the enemy ship WILL put the player's ship on fire, and the tutorial will warn the player about fire extinguishers, fire doors.
10) adding the fire doors and stuff will make the ship too heavy for the suspendium balloon, it would be a great way to talk about suspendium chambers, and coal engines.
11) once the player made correct ship, he will hopefully kill the enemy ship and the tutorial will end.
Thanks for reading, share your toughts below and have a nice day!
well it looks like my text isn't what I want it to be, which means it is all packed... good luck for reading! i'll see what i can do...
edit : I think I foundout something, looks alright now!